APPLICATION DEADLINE: October 9th 2015 at noon
Submit applications to email@example.com Include “ARW Application” in the subject line
Required: Resume and Cover Letter
altView Resource Worker
To build diverse pro-queer and pro-trans communities in Alberta through advocacy, education, empowerment, collaboration, and the arts.
- We welcome and include everyone regardless of identity and orientation
- We believe that no one should have to leave their community to feel supported
- We are intersectionally aware and challenge privilege
- We work genuinely and respectfully in the spirit of collaboration
- We lead by example, working fearlessly and joyfully
Wages and Hours:
$18/hour for 60 hours a month
Must be available between the hours of 11-1 PM daily
Must have a vehicle (mileage)
The altView Resource Worker will take direction and report to the Administrative Team of the altView Foundation for Gender Variant and Sexual Minorities.
- Work alongside altView’s Community Liaison Worker to help create, support, and sustain Gay Straight Alliances in schools.
- Promote altView events and activities in schools
- Recruit and coordinate volunteers
- Promote sexual and gender diversity, and human rights through facilitating communication between all venues in the community.
- Promote altView Foundation`s services to community organization and groups.
- Attend meetings as directed by the Administrative Team.
- Partner with other Gender Variant or Sexual Minority groups where applicable.
- Work with others to identify and remove any barriers for Gender Variant and Sexual Minority individuals trying to access altView Foundation services or other similar services.
- Work cooperatively with other community agencies to promote awareness, educational opportunities, issues and supports in regards to Gender Variant and Sexual Minority areas.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- 1-3 years experience working with queer populations or a strong intellectual background in feminist / queer theory.
- Demonstrated ability to work with marginalized and oppressed populations from a non-normative, non-othering prospective.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to utilize current technologies such as word processing, e-mail, Internet, and Twitter.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- The ability to apply knowledge, experience and commitment in the areas of human rights and diversity.
- The ability to maintain and promote strict confidentiality.
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment as well as capacity to work in partnership with other community agencies.
- The ability to maintain a balanced perspective.
An understanding of and personal stake in the well being of the populations we serve is an asset. The altView foundation does not discriminate in its hiring practices. One does not have to be from the queer community to work within it, but one does need to be able to articulate why serving the queer community is important.
Successful applicants will be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check and a Child Welfare Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting. Thank you for your interest in the altView Foundation for Gender Variant and Sexual Minorities.
Please provide a cover letter detailing your background and reasons for applying to work with us.