Every GSA looks different from the next. GSAs can be any or all of or beyond the following:
- A safe space to eat your lunch once a week
- An advocacy and education group
- A peer support group
Regardless of the activities that each GSA chooses to partake in, it should be run by students.
Some ideas for GSA activities/discussion can be:
- Watching LGBTQ themed movies and discussing them.
- Talking about current LGBTQ events
- Learning about the complex history of queer and trans people.
- Discussing gender/sex norms
- Discussing identity labels
- Sharing coming out stories
- Discussing family and life goals
Looking for more ideas? Want to share what your club has been doing? Check out the Alberta GSA Network, register your club, and check out some inspiration from GSAs just like yours across the province! You can even check out the Alberta GSA Network on Instagram!