Every GSA looks different from the next. GSAs can be any or all of or beyond the following:
- A safe space to eat your lunch once a week
- An advocacy and education group
- A peer support group
Regardless of the activities that each GSA chooses to partake in, it should be run by students.
Some ideas for GSA activities/discussion can be:
- Watching LGBTQ themed movies and discussing them.
- Talking about current LGBTQ events
- Learning about the complex history of queer and trans people.
- Discussing gender/sex norms
- Discussing identity labels
- Sharing coming out stories
- Discussing family and life goals